Doing a Ford Sync Master Reset
1. Disconnect your phone or device from the USB port. Also, disable the Bluetooth on your phone. Failure to do this will delete data from your device.
2. Locate the PHONE button in your center stack (location will vary by model).
Locate the DIRECTIONAL and OK BUTTONS in the center stack (location will vary). These are what you will use to navigate the menu.
You can also use the tuning dial (quicker), if your vehicle has this feature. Press the PHONE button.
3. If you already turned off your Bluetooth, then the system will be asking you to Add a Bluetooth Device.
If the screen displays Add Bluetooth Device, scroll up one time to find Return, and Press OK. If it says searching/connecting, locate and Press OK. This will take you to the same screen.
4. Scroll down until you find SYSTEM SETTINGS.
5. Scroll down until you find ADVANCED.
6. Scroll down until you find MASTER RESET.
7. CONFIRM RESET? This is here to ensure you want to do this. Did you un-pair your phone?
8. Your Sync System is now reset to Factory!
It’s time to Pair your phone back up to the system! Press OK. Don’t forget to re-enable the Bluetooth on your phone! The system will give a PIN to enter into your phone.
9. Pay attention to the prompts on your phone if it is an ANDROID or BLACKBERRY. Your phone will require permissions to be approved (be sure to check box that says ALWAYS ALLOW)
If the phone you are pairing is the Primary Phone, Press OK. It will say YES, Press OK again. If it is not, use the Down Arrow and it will indicate NO. Press OK.
10. SET 911 ASSIST TO ON? Press Ok. Press OK again. In an accident in which airbags are deployed, 911 will be called. DOWNLOAD PHONEBOOK? Press OK. Wait for phonebook to download before getting out of vehicle.