Tuesday Tech Tips – How to Change the Background on Your MyFord Touch Screen
One of the cool features of a vehicle that has MyFord Touch is that you have the option to change the background image on your touchscreen. It can be anything you want! A family photo, sports team logo, or something completely customized.
Changing the image is simple. The first thing you’ll need is the image that you want to use. The system allows you to use several different file types including .jpg, .gif, .png and .bmp. There is a file size limit of 1.5MB and you can store a total of 32 pictures. The feature also works best when the photo your using has a resolution of 800×378 (don’t worry if you don’t know what this means, I’ll explain more later).
1. Using your computer, load your image(s) onto a USB device. It works best if the USB device you’re using is blank.
2. Once the images are on the USB device, take it to your vehicle and plug it into the USB port on your vehicle. Depending on which Ford model you have this could be located in several different places. (Your vehicle will need to be running for the rest of the process)
3. Once you’ve plugged in your USB drive, push the “Settings” button on your touchscreen. This is the cog wheel in the center of your home screen.
4. Then press the “Display” button.
5. Select “Edit Wallpaper”.
6. Select “Add”.
7. From your USB drive, select which images you’d like to import. Once you’ve added all your photos, push the back button in the top left hand corner of the screen.
8. Now you’ll see a list of images that you can select from. Press your finger on the image you want to see a preview and then hit “Save”.
Now when you go back to your home screen, you’ll see the image displayed! You can also go back to the settings menu and change the image anytime you’d like to.
If you don’t know for sure what image you’d like, make sure to look online. Doing a Google Image Search for “MyFord Touch Backgrounds” will give you a large catalog of options to choose from which are already the correct size. Simply save these to your desktop and move them to your USB drive.
Five Star Ford is even willing to create custom backgrounds, FREE OF CHARGE, for those who request them. Simply email your request to email@example.com. At that point you’ll be in touch with me, Patrick McLemore, and I can correctly resize your images or create a custom image of your request.
We hope you enjoy this and make sure to have some fun with it!